Transactional Analysis: An organizational view on the ego states of employees
The article ‘Transactional Analysis: An organizational view on the ego states of employees’ is an extract from the project; “A study on the ego states of employees at Keltron Component Complex, Kannur based on Transactional Analysis and Job Performance” by me views the ego states and its impact on job performance in a unique way. The primary objective of the project is to find out the relationship of ego stats of employees and their performance on the job. Performance on the job has been classified into high performance and low performance. A formal questionnaire is structured to find out the relationship between ego sates and job performance and it is found that the employees having high ego states performs well on the job. Analysis on the demographic characteristics gives us unique information.
- It is amazing that the 100% of the men from the age group of 35-50 and women from the age group of above 50 agree that they are satisfied with the job.
- Employees from rural and semi-urban area perform well on the job and majority of the employees agree that they have truest and confidence in their co-workers.
- The employees who do not have children from all the areas strongly agree that they are punctual at work and employees have 2 or 3 children are not punctual.
- Women employees are good enough in providing feedback than male employees and male employees are more capable to accomplish the task within a specific time.
- Men and women from semi urban area are easier to adjust with the changing situations in the work place.
- It is found that employees from urban area are more comfortable with the team members.
- It is found that women employees believe that they can motivate others and employees from rural area, irrespective of their gender believe the same.
It is advisable that the employees should maintain a balanced ego states to enjoy work as well as life. Transactional Analysis can be used as a tool to develop the employees to mold their personality and ultimately it will contribute a lot to their job so that they can have more prosperity in work as well as to lead a happy life.